CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 06, 2010

Santa Triangle Box


Hi everyone, hope the weekend was great for you.  Although it did go by very fast, I enjoyed myself so much.  I went to the Barry Manilow concert with my son last night and when I got home, I realized I hadn't created anything to post today.  I quickly went on www.YouTube.com and found this great idea to share with you.  
This is a Santa triangle treat box that you can fill with candy, money or even jewelry.  I am going to give you the steps to make the box, but you can always go to YouTube and watch a couple of the videos.  I made three boxes and they are not hard to make.
Cut a 5 1/2" by 11" Real Red card stock to 4" by 11."  You will be able to make two triangle boxes with one piece of CS.  Fold in half at 5 1/2".  Mark both ends at 2" (the center of your 4" side) and with a ruler score from the 2" down to the edges of the 4" forming a triangle with your bone. 
Petals A Plenty (116824, $7.95
Place your CS in the Petals A Plenty embossing folder and run it through the Big Shot to get this beautiful impression.
Assemble the triangle box and with the Crop-A-Dile punch holes to thread the ribbon through.  You may want to place your gift inside the box before you tie the ribbon.
For the border of the hat, cut a piece of Whisper White CS measuring 2 1/2" by 11".  Fold this piece in half and with a corner punch create scallops.  To do this you need to remove the side wings from the punch.
You will have scallops on both sides.  Cut this piece at four scallops or approximately at 4 1/4".  You will also have enough to make two hats with this piece.  Place sticky tape in the middle between the scallops.  Then place the triangle box between this piece to form the hat's border.
Now you're ready to add a tag to your Santa box.
Tags til Christmas (#121169, $22.95)
I used the Tags til Christmas stamp set from Stampin' Up.  On a scrap piece of White CS stamp the Santa suit with Real Red classic ink.  

Large Tag Punch (#119876, $15.95)
Punch out the Santa suit with the large tag punch.  Then with a 1/16" punch a small hole at the top of the tag and add a piece of gold cord.  I placed mounting tape on the back of the tag and adhered it to the box.

On this Santa hat I used a different stamp from the same set.  I also used the Scallop Edge Border punch instead and it was much easier to form the hat's border.  The next one is my favorite, but different instructions for this one.  It takes several different punches and fortunately I had all of them.  I recommend you go to YouTube and check out the many creative videos they offer.  



1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...