CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Recipe/Gift Card Apron

Even though I am not an avid cook, I love aprons.  I have made different versions of these cute little aprons, but I think this is one of my favorites.
 The white sheet is the apron template.  If you would like to make these aprons, I have scheduled a class on 12/18/10.
  
I placed the  template on top of black card stock measuring at least 4 1/2" x 9".  I used repositionable tape and cut out the apron, or you can trace it with a pencil and then cut the apron out.
 I cut another piece of designer paper (DSP) with the same template only smaller and cut around it so that you can see edges of the black CS.  Glue this piece to the black CS.
Eyelet Border punch (#119853, $15.95)
To create a faux lace for the apron I used Stampin' Up's eyelet border punch and punched a long strip of white CS.
Crimper (101168, $19.95)
Then run through the crimper twice, which will help to gather the creases as you adhere it to the pocket. 
Fold up the lower part of the apron and place a strip of double-sided tape (Sticky Strip) along the top and start your faux lace from one end, slowly gather and fold till you reach the end and snip off any excess.
Also place sticky tape to the sides only and fold up to form the pocket of the apron.
Add ribbon or a scalloped border (anything decorative) over the faux lace, punch two holes at the top of the apron and thread ribbon to form the apron neck tie.  Add a pretty oval tag and you're ready to fill the apron pocket with a recipe, gift card, a small money envelope, etc.  
For the back of this apron I cut another piece of CS with the template and glued it.  You can put a piece of magnet on the back so that the recipient can place it on the refrigerator. 
Or you can make the apron into a regular card. 
Here's a view of the open card.
 

Hope you enjoyed this project.  You can make these for any occasion not only for Christmas.  If you have any questions, please contact me.  I would love to help you make your own pretty apron.  No sewing required (love it!).  I am offering a class on how to make these aprons.  Please check the right column under schedule of classes for details.


Have a great weekend and come back on Monday for another project.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...