CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 13, 2010

Home Is Where Your Heart Is!

Good Monday morning everyone.  I usually look forward to the weekends, but this weekend was overwhelming so I'm glad the weekend is over and the start of a new week is here. 
On Saturday I attended a Toys For Tots crop organized by Vicky Lopez, www.Kreation Corner.blogspot.com.  At the free crop, I worked on another project I bought several months ago from the Scrapbook Expo at Cashman Center.  This kit was on sale for only $9 and it was a real steal at that price.  All of the above supplies were included with very well-written instructions. 
The kit came with five chipboard houses.   I traced each house on different designer papers, cut them and then glued it to the chipboard.  This part took the longest to complete but well worth it.  All the edges were buffed with an emery file and chalked with brown ink.
Front page
 All the embellishments were included in the kit and easy instructions on how to decorate each page.  Of course, I did change it up a bit.  On this page I pierced holes on the brown oval shape.
 I used the Scallop Trim corner punch from Stampin' Up on most of the mats.  The metal tag says Abode (home).
 I have to warn you that this is a long post.  There are a total of ten pages that were embellished.  On this page, the kit included the mini folders by Tim Holtz.  I had these cute little metal clips by Close To My Heart which I added to the folders.
 The kit included 4 sheets of double-sided designer paper which I loved.  It also included the cut out flower shapes and buttons.
 If you like this mini-album so far, you may want to order the chipboard house from www.CreativeImaginations.us.  The product number is #170174.
 All the ribbons were included and they coordinate really well with the whole project.
 We're getting close to the end, bare with me.  I used the Scallop Trim punch throughout my project.
 I ran the "Memories" cutout through my sticker maker by Xyron.
 The little house shape is also chipboard.
Back page
 And finally the end.

Great project and I'm proud of myself for finishing it.  Attending crops gives you the opportunity to work on projects you usually can't finish at home.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...