CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Tree Card

I saw this cute little tree on 
www.paperpunchaddiction.com. It's made with several punches.  I changed it up a bit and as you can see its adorable.  The tree is made with scraps from my stash of scrap paper.
Full Heart punch (#119883, $16.95)
To start I used Whisper White CS and embossed it with the
Swirls embossing folder.  Then I punched out 7 heart shapes from green scraps to form the tree.
Scallop Square punch (#119884, $16.95
Punch out one scallop square from a scrap of brown CS for the trunk of the tree.  Or you can use a plain square one.

Star punch (#119875, $16.95)
For the star I found some yellow glitter scrap paper and punched out one star.  I won't have to add Stickles because its already glitzy.
I shaded all of the hearts with brown ink and a sponge.  Then I started to form the tree by gluing only the tips of two hearts as you can see on the illustration. 
Then you are going to continue gluing the hearts on top of each other forming a triangle shape. 
You will end up with four layers.
Scallop Trim Border punch (#118402, $15.95)
I took a red scrap of paper and cut it to 1" by 4 1/4".  With the scallop trim punch (my favorite) I punched the strip of red CS.  Glue this strip to the bottom of the white base card.  Then glue your tree to the white base as shown in the first picture.
Small Heart punch is retired but you can use the Heart to Heart punch (119881, $16.95)
Time to decorate my little tree.  I punched out 10 small hearts for the tree decorations and placed them on the tree with dimensionals.

Now you're ready to send someone special this Christmas card or use it as a decoration in your home. I hope you'll try to make you own Christmas tree card.  My 6-year old granddaughter Natie liked it so much she made her own. 

I got the idea to put the small hearts as decorations from her.  She inspires me in so many ways.  Let me know which one you like the best, hers or mine.  

Thanks for stopping by and please come back again.

1 comments:

cricutmomof2 said...

I like yours better, you did a great job.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...