CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 09, 2010

Candy Roll

 
 I have been saving toilet tissue rolls for awhile because I wanted to create these cute candy containers to place at each of my table settings for Christmas.
To make them you will need several rolls, ribbon, tissue paper, candy, and either a 12 x 12 sheet of designer paper or gift wrap. 
Fold one sheet of tissue paper in half and cut it so that both sides are open.
 Center the roll and tape it to the tissue paper.
Continue to roll the tissue paper and scotch tape it to the roll.
Deck The Halls DSP (#120810, $9.95)
Cut your 12 x 12 designer paper (DSP) at 4" x 6" and you will have enough to  make six candy rolls.  Be sure to measure your roll because it may differ from mine.
Gather one end of the roll and tie with pretty ribbon, and then glue the piece of DSP to the roll.  Add your candy through the open end before you tie it with ribbon.
I added some rick rack by punching some Real Red card stock with the EK punch and gluing it to the candy roll.

Now you're ready to place your candy roll on a pretty place setting at your table. 
This candy roll was decorated with gift wrap.  I wish I had been able to find gold tissue to use on my candy rolls, but the white tissue will have to do.  Hope you can use this idea to dress up your table or even just to hand out to friends and family this Christmas season.

If you have any questions, just leave me a comment or email me.  Thanks again for stopping by and of course I invite you to come back tomorrow. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...