CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Let's Have a Mug of Hot Cocoa!


Its been raining and very cold here in Vegas. I thought it would be great to share a warm mug of hot cocoa topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with cinnamon or cocoa powder.  Let's not forget to plop in a sweet peppermint candy cane.  Sounds good, but my mug of cocoa is a card.
 
I discovered that by using the same cut as I shared yesterday for the purse gift card holders I could form a mug.   I used half of an 8-1/2" x 11" piece of white card stock (CS) cut lengthwise and folded in half.  You will also need some designer paper cut at 4-1/4" x 5-1/2". 
Used a scrap to cut a small piece of brown CS  at 1-1/2" x 4-1/14" and I sponged it with brown ink.  This will be the top of the mug.
Deck the Halls DSP (#120810)
Cut the DSP and the white CS separately. With the white CS opening facing down, place it on your cutter and cut at an angle with the top edge right on the cutting line.  Then do the same with the DSP. 

Punch out a small oval with a scrap of red CS.  Then with the large oval punch align it so that you punch an oval that is larger on one side so that it will look like the handle of the cup.
Glue the red punched oval to the white CS at the edge and then layer the DSP over it.
For the peppermint and the whipped cream I used a scrap of white CS. I punched the small oval first and then with the large scallop punch another oval that is larger on one side so that it will look like the peppermint stick.
Formed the shape of the peppermint and added Stickles to make it look yummy.  Glue this to the top edge of the cup.  With an extra punched white large oval and some scissors form the whipped cream and glue it to the top also.  I added white puffy paint to make it look like its foaming. 
5/8" Victoria Ribbon (#118481)
Glue the 1-1/2" x 4-1/4" brown CS over the peppermint and whipped cream.  Then I added some lace ribbon to the top edge of the mug.  I also put DSP on the back of the card.
Tags til Christmas (121169) and Decorative Label punch (#120907)
Stamped "Dec. 25" with red ink on a scrap of white CS and punched it out with the Decorative Label punch.  Tied gold cord on the tag and added a dimensional to the back to keep it in place. 
 
You can get creative and make a 3" x 3-1/2" pocket inside for a gift card.  You don't have to, I'm just saying you can if you want.  You can't see it, but I stamped "Happy Holidays" in red ink.

I used the corner round punch on the bottom edges of my cocoa mug.  Hope my instructions make sense.  Some day I want to be able to create videos, but for now please bear with all the pictures and written instructions.

Stay warm and come back soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...