CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

FUN FLOWERS

This coming Thursday, my friend Vicky Lopez from Kreation Korner is hosting a shoebox card swap and the theme is birthdays.  This is my swap.  Let me show you how you can make this card. 
Fun Flowers die (#121812
I used Stampin' Up's (SU) Fun Flowers die and cut these pretty flowers on the Big Shot.  Within a few minutes I had quickly cut 12 sets of flowers to prepare my shoebox card kits with Real Red card stock. 
Vintage Wallpaper EF (#120175)
With the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder (EF) by SU, I embossed this pretty image on vanilla CS. 
You layer the three flower shapes on top of each other.  I curled and shaded the edges with brown ink.  Then glued a pretty red heart button to the center of the red flower.  Mount the embossed CS onto a kraft card base and then add your flower to the card.

Well Script stamp set (#118601) & Decorative Label punch (#120907)
I stamped "happy birthday" from the retired Well Script stamp set on vanilla CS and then cut the verse with the Decorative Label Punch.


To get the 3 layer effect of the label, you will punch out two additional labels, one in red and another in kraft CS.  Then cut each label as shown above. 


Now you're ready to glue the cut labels to the back of the original stamped label leaving about a 1/4 of an inch of each label showing. 
This is the view of the back and front of the label.  I placed mounting tape on the back of the label and adhered it to my card.  Also, added a small piece of Chantilly ribbon (#118480) and my card is done.  
I am looking forward to attending the shoebox card swap.  This is the first time this group will meet on a monthly basis.  The card swap will take place the second Thursday of each month.  For additional information visit Vicky's blog @ http://kreation-korner.blogspot.com.  

Come again and let's share some time creating.

Embossed hugs, Erlinda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...