CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

EASTER BANNER

This Easter banner is another project made with the Petal Cone die (#121810) found in the Occasions Mini Catalog which ends April 30, 2011.
I used Chocolate Chip cardstock (CS) to cut three petal cones on the Big Shot.  Depending on how many letters you want your banner to have, you will need to cut one petal to get two triangles for the banner.  

Cut each petal in half and also cut off the folded edge on one side of the petal.  Fold and score the top circular part of the petal.  I also embossed each petal with the Vintage Wallpaper
embossing folder.

 

With Pretty in Pink CS I cut six scallop tops with the die, one for each triangle.
Punched 6 scallop circles out of the Pretty in Pink CS.  Again, one for each triangle. 
Glue the large half scallop circle underneath the top part of the Petal Cone.  Glue the full scallop circle to the top part.  On White CS punch out six 1-3/8" circles and glue to the pink scallop circles.  I used epoxy stickers to spell out Easter and glued them to each of the white circles.
This is what each of the triangles should look like.  Now you're ready to glue the triangles to a long strip of ribbon.

Lay your ribbon down and start to add your finished triangles.  Place a small strip of red sticky tape to the top inside flap, fold over and press down to hold triangle in place.


Stamped "Happy" on the Pretty in Pink banner and I added Stickles to the scallop circles.  Now I'm ready to hang my banner--as soon as I figure out where I want it.

Banners can be used for all occasions, holidays, birthdays, weddings, congratulations, or to personalize any one's name.  I know I will be using the Petal Cone die on many more projects. 

Have a very blessed day and if you would like for me to show you something in particular, please leave me a comment. 

Sending you embossed hugs, Erlinda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...