CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

FABULOUS FRIEND

Oval All stamp set (#113790)
Recently, I bought the Sending Love (#117153, $4.99) specialty designer paper (DSP) from the Clearance Rack of Stampin' Up.  I love, love all the paper in this pack.  It contains 12 sheets of double-sided 12 x 12 designer paper.  

For this card I used both sides of one of the sheets and still had about half a sheet left.  For the flower please refer to my post dated January 18, 2011, Scalloped Circle Flower Tutorial for step by step instructions.
This is what the card looks like once you open it.  Isn't it beautiful!  Let me show you how to make this card.
  
Sorry for the dark picture, I think I needed better lighting. It's also upside down.  Anyways, take a 12 x 12 Kraft card stock (CS) and cut it at 6" x 12".  Then score this piece at 3", 6" and 9".  Crease and fold the CS.  From the Sending Love DSP cut (4) pieces at 2-3/8" x 2-3/4" for the top.  Cut (4) pieces at 3-3/8 x 2-3/4" for the bottom part.  Adhere the pieces to the Kraft CS, alternating each side of the DSP. 
Scallop Oval  (#119856)
Stamp "Fabulous Friend" from the Oval All stamp set with Basic Brown ink on Pretty in Pink CS .  Use the Scallop Oval punch to cut the verse.  Shade with brown ink and use mounting tape to adhere to the top of the front of the card.
Punch Potpourri (#120124)
I used the butterfly, bird and heart images from this set and stamped them on white CS with pink ink.  I also shaded all the images with brown ink. 
Full Heart (#119883, Two-Step Bird (#117191) and Butterfly (#119848)
What I love about this stamp set is that it coordinates with four of the Stampin' Up punches.  This makes it so easy to stamp and punch the images out.  If you have the stamp set and not the punches, of course you can always cut them out with scissors.
Oh, I forgot to mention, the leaves on the flower and butterfly are cut with the Big Shot and the Little Leaves sizzlits die (#114511).  I also sprayed shimmer on all the images

Hope you will try making this card yourself.  Even if you don't have the supplies I used, it makes a stunning card for someone special.  

If you would like to order any of the above supplies, please go to my website or click on the Order Stampin' Up on line on the left side @ www.erlindastamps.stampinup.net.  Thanks for stopping by.

Embossed hugs, Erlinda





2 comments:

cricutmomof2 said...

Wow beautiful good job, thanks for sharing

Erlinda Ramirez said...

I challenge you to make a card with this beautiful paper, since I know you bought it. I will have blog candy for you if you take on the challenge.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...