CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 14, 2011

BLOSSOM PETALS REVISITED

Remember a couple of weeks ago I posted a card made with the stamp set "Build a Blossom" (#121994).  At that time I didn't own the Blossom Petals punch that coordinates with this stamp set.  Well I can scratch that one off my "wish list"-- I finally got the punch.  I made the flower for this card with the punch and the embossing folder (EF) Vintage Wallpaper.

Framed Tulips (#121809)
On a piece of 4" x 5"  Crumb Cake card stock I embossed the edges with the Framed Tulips embossing folder.  I am hooked on all of Stampin' Up's textured impressions embossing folders.  They just add so much elegance to the cards.

Finial Press (#115963)
For the following flower I used the Finial Press EF to give my flower this beautiful effect.

I embossed two quarter sheets of Eggplant Envy CS to cut the petals of the flower.


With a brayer I distressed the CS with Eggplant Envy ink.  This gives the design a very nice finish. 

Blossom Petals punch (#121808)
Punch out eight of the large petals to form the flower.
Glue down four of the petals as shows above.  With a stylus or a pencil curl the edges of the other four petals before gluing them down with a glue dot.
You're a Gem stamp set (#122270)
Stamped the word "friend" from You're a Gem.  Then added a metal ornament to the center of the flower and placed a small strip of lace ribbon to the Crumb Cake CS to embellish my card.

Placed mounting tape on the back of the embossed CS to add dimension and mounted it to a full CS base (same color).

Of course, I had to add my butterflies or it wouldn't be complete.  Used the Beautiful Wings embosslit (#118138) and the Little Leave sizzlits (#114511). 

Which one do you like best?  I think any color would look great.  I'm going to try yellow and white CS for the next couple of Blossom Petals I make.

I learned how to make these flowers watching the below video:

Thanks for visiting my blog.  I appreciate you spending time with me.

Embossed hugs, Erlinda 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...