CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

ALTERED KIDS STORY BOOKS

On Saturday I sat across a lovely lady by the name of Tanya and she shared a great idea with me.  She takes kids' story books and alters them into mini scrapbooks.
So of course, on my way home from the Super Bowl crop, I stopped at the Dollar Tree Store and purchased a few kids' books for $1 each. 
I measured the book and cut pieces of designer paper (DSP) that coordinated and covered each of the pages.  I used regular glue sticks and they adhered really well to the book pages.
I used decorative chipboards  that I had on hand and added ribbon.  I haven't decided if I'm going to make this a cook book, journal or exactly how to use it.
Once I glued the DSP to the pages, I also sanded all the edges to give it a nicer finish.
 
On this page I used the Scallop Trim edge punch and the Top Note die, both from Stampin' Up. I added ribbon to the rim of the book which is also a bookmark.  My friend Lisa gave me this idea and I liked it.
I think this is a great project which will not break the bank.  The books are very sturdy and for the price you are getting a great deal.  I already had the rest of the supplies on hand so this makes a very inexpensive gift idea.  

I haven't really quite finished my book.  I don't know whether to make it a Recipe Book.  Leave me comment and let me know what you think.  
Hope you can use this idea.  Thanks to Tanya I'll probably be making a few more.  Have a great day and come back again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...