CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

THANKSGIVING CARD AND SCRAP STASH

First, I want to share my Thanksgiving turkeys and then I have a scrapbooking tip.  I love the punch art that is out there in the crafting world.  A great site to get inspiration from is http://www.paperpunchaddiction.com/




My three fat turkeys, which one shall I cook?  Unfortunately, none because my turkeys are paper punched.  I used the
1 3/8" and 1 3/4" circle punches for the face and body, and the Boho Blossom punch for the nose.  I also used the modern label punch for the saying.  For the turkey legs I used hemp cord and ribbon for the turkey feathers. 



I thought you could benefit from this following suggestion.  Do you have a stash of scrap paper waiting to be used.  This is how I store my scraps.  I sort them by colors but even so they have gotten out of control.

Stored scraps

I felt it needed organization, so I started doing some house cleaning.  Too many pieces were too small to use anymore so those went straight into the trash can.  The bigger pieces I decided to cut into gift tags.  Tags come in so handy that I thought this would be a great way to use up my scraps.  I got out my Sizzix die cut "Two Tags" by Stampin' Up and I went to town cutting all pieces of scrap paper with my Big Shot.

Two Tags (#115954 $21.95)

Scrap pieces

I laid pieces of scrap paper the size of the tag and cut them out with the Big Shot.

Organized tags on a ring
I hope this tip was helpful.  You don't need to actually cut tags, you can cut or punch out flowers, circles, stars, letters, numbers, anything small enough to cover the die cut or punch.  I felt I would get more use out of the tags since  Christmas is coming and I always need lots of tags.  You can embellish or stamp a greeting or image on the tag.  I still have all my white scraps to go through, so I've got to get going.  See you tomorrow.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...