CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Christmas Gift Idea No. 1

Now that we are past Halloween, we need to start thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I will be posting some inexpensive gift ideas that you can get started on making.



I saw these candles at the Crackle Barrel gift shop with a price tag of $10 each. 

Crackle Barrel candle

Then I went to the Dollar Tree Store and bought the candles for $1 each and made my version of Santa's suit candle.

Santa's suit candle
I cut a 3/8" x 11" piece of black card stock and punched three holes at one end with my Crop-A-Dile to insert silver eyelets in each hole and then weaved it through a soda can metal tab for the buckle.  

Crop-A-Dile (#108362)
I glued the belt onto the candle with Tombow liquid glue.



I wrapped the candles in cellophane bags (#102210, 50 per pkg for $4.95) by Stampin' Up and tied them with some pretty red ribbon. 
I was able to make five Santa's suit candles in about an hour.  I spent less than $2 per candle. I think these would make nice little gifts for teachers, neighbors, co-workers, or people you do business with (bank, salon, etc.)  

I plan to donate these candles to our Christmas Boutique at St. John Neumann.

Hope you like this idea and please contact me if you have any questions.  Come back tomorrow for another inexpensive gift idea.

1 comments:

Corina said...

What a great alternative, it looks like the orginal, great job. I am going to try this. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...