CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 24, 2010

PICKLE JAR

I started a "Big Shot" Club on Friday and I demonstrated this technique to the group.  You can cut vinyl on your Sizzix Big Shot and here's what I made.

Ribbon jar
I took an empty pickle jar and added white vinyl butterflies.  I used the Sizzix Beautiful Butterflies die by Stampin' Up.

Beautiful Butterflies die #114507 $21.95

I used the Sizzix Beautiful Butterflies die which is exclusive to Stampin' Up for my vinyl project.


Big Shot #113439 $99.95
Place a piece of vinyl on top of die and sandwich it between the two cutting pads.  Now roll it through the Big Shot and remove the piece of vinyl.
Stampin' Up carries vinyl as Decor Elements Sheets and they come in 19 different colors.  Each packages comes with two sheets of vinyl and two sheets of transfer tape.  You can find this product on page 205 of the Stampin' Up catalog.
Remove the cut out butterfly and discard the outer edge.
Elegant Lines #119271 $7.95
Now place the butterfly cut out between the Elegant Lines embossing folder for a beautiful impression.



I hope you can see the embossed impression on the butterfly.  What a beautiful transformation.  Stampin' Up has eight different textured impression folders and any one of them can be used to add a special touch.


After you have added the texture to the butterfly, take a piece of transfer tape and place it on top of the butterfly with vinyl facing up.  Then rub the transfer tape with the burnisher, making sure the butterfly is sticking to the tape.  Turn it around and remove the back of the vinyl piece.  The butterfly should still be sticking to the transfer tape. 


Take the butterfly sticking to the transfer tape and apply your image to anything to want to decorate, walls, tins, mirrors, etc.  I decided to take a pickle jar and applied my butterfly to the glass using the burnisher I rubbed the butterfly onto the glass.   Then I carefully removed the transfer tape.   And WOW!  This is what it looks like. 




I know you will love using the Element Decor sheets to decorate your home.  Remember you can also cut letters and personalize anything you can think of.



The leftover images of the butterflies were too pretty to throw out. so I will save them and use them on either a card or scrapbook layout.  Hope this was a helpful tip.  If you have any questions, please leave me a comment or email me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...