CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

ICE CREAM CONE, ANYONE?






I have a couple of birthdays that friends and family are celebrating in the month of November, so I thought I better make some birthday cards.  I had seen the Ice Cream Cone card in the past and decided to try my hand at making one. 

Crazy For Cupcakes, (#111618, $23.95, Set of 6 stamps)
I used the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set to stamp the verse inside the card.
Scallop Square die (#115950, $21.95) and Square Lattice embossing folder (#119976, $7.95)
To cut the cone I used the Sizzix Scallop Square die from Stampin' Up and then to give it the texture of a cone I used the Square Lattice embossing folder (page 214 of the catalog)  on a 5" x 5" piece of Crumb Cake card stock.  Turn it and then fold over five scallops down from the top on either side to form the cone
1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (#119854, $16.95)
You need three scallop circles for the ice cream scoops.  I used the scallop punch and Pretty In Pink card stock.
Heart Small punch (#117193, $5.95




What would an ice cream cone be without a delicious cherry topping.  I punched out a small heart from a scrap of  real red card stock.  

Glue the pieces together and place inside the cone.  If you own the larger scallop punch (2 3/8") it's easier to close the cone by tucking the sides of the cone under the middle scoop.  I used some Dotto (repositionable adhesive, page 197) to adhere the cone closed because I used the smaller scallop punch.

Chocolate or Strawberry flavor?

Couldn't decide whether I wanted a Chocolate cone or a Strawberry one, so I made both.  Can you see my ice cream cones are melting and the ice cream is dripping from the bottom.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Hope you enjoyed this treat, I know I did.  Come back tomorrow to see my other birthday card.  Thanks for stopping by. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...