CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 02, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

WOW!  It's the start of a New Year and I hope everyone celebrated with family and friends in a safe manner.  We spent New Year's Eve at my son Eddie's home and we packed the house.
We spent the night eating, Karaoke singing, eating, talking, laughing, eating, dancing and more eating.  My son is a great cook and he made barbeque ribs for us that night that were finger-licking goooood! 
 I could not believe how much I ate, knowing that one of my resolutions is not to overeat and to eat healthier.  I am one of those people that like to make resolutions.  I love to write them down and compare them with last year's.  I laugh at how few of them I do keep. 
 
 I took so many pictures I had to create two pockets to put my extra photos in.  Where you see the white scallop edge is one pocket and just below it the black glitter paper is another pocket. 
I made the count down clock using the following Cricut cartridges:  Wild Card, Storybook and Mini Monograms.  The glittered "2011" is the tiara that was given out to all the ladies at the party.  I could not bear throwing it away so I made it part of my layout. The "Happy New Year" is also a recycled tiara.  The silver stars were punched out with the Stampin' Up star punch. 
Midnight found everyone having a good time, hugging and  wishing each other the best for the coming year.  I too would like to wish you a Prosperous and Healthy New Year.  

Let's make a resolution together to scrapbook more often.  I plan to scrapbook one layout per week.  I hope I don't break this resolution, you will need to help me stay on track.  Thank you for continuing to motivate me with your visits. 

2 comments:

cricutmomof2 said...

Erlinda, that is a great resolution.I will help you if you help me do the same thing. I told my husband I want to catch up this year.

Mimi's Kreations said...

Ok Erlinda, one layout per week????? no, no, no... you can do more than that!! enjoy your time!! I really like this one the colors are perfect!! My resolutions this year is to finish my 3 years I'm atrasada. And I know I can do it!!!
cecy

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...