CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 31, 2011

BRIGHT & BEAUTIFUL


My granddaughter Angie, who is 9 years old, is truly very "Bright and Beautiful."  She is a Girl Scout, in the school choir, is a peer mediator and recently made honor roll.
As I sat in my craft room last night admiring this pretty designer paper from Bo Bunny, I decided to take Angie's picture and surround it with pretty embellishments.  I started by mounting it on a piece of Coredinations card stock.
Next, I cut the title at 3" from the Tinker Bell & Friends cartridge by Cricut.  When I saw the title, I knew it was perfect for my layout.
The Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge is the newest of my acquisitions by Cricut.  It contains some beautiful flower images and I used it to create these flowers.  The leaves are from the Stampin' Up little leaf sizzlet.  I love butterflies and these butterflies are made with a Martha Stewart punch.
I also cut out the swirly butterfly at 2" from the same cartridge and added Stickles to almost everything.  You can't see it very well, but I wrapped ribbon by Martha Stewart all around my layout.
 

Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Stampin Up Little Leaf sizzlet
Bo Bunny designer paper
Martha Stewart apricot 3/16" ribbon
Bo Bunny cutouts
Coredinations card stock
Stampin' Up Bashful Blue and Pretty In Pink card stock
Rhinestone brad
Pink Pearl brads
Stickles

As I was making this layout, Angie saw it and she secretly went to work on her own layout of me.  Of course when she gave it to me, it brought a smile to my face and I cried happy tears.  Below is her own creation.


Hope you enjoyed this layout as much as I enjoyed making it.  Have a very blessed day and bring some "joy" into someone's life.

1 comments:

Mimi's Kreations said...

muy bonito Erlinda!! y esta curiosito el de Angie.
cecy

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...