CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

TRIM THE TREE

Trim the Tree Cricut cartridge is the latest of my purchases.   I bought it at the Crafting Place from Jennifer.  When she showed us the different designs she had cut I could not resist buying it.  Today I decided to cut a few of the images myself.  I cut the candy cane, and two of the tree ornaments .  I recommend you cut them at least 5 inches and at a slow pace because as you can see they are so intricate and that's what makes them so beautiful.
 
Trim the Tree Solutions cartridge
Once I had cut out the images I wasn't sure what to do with them next.  This was a challenge for me and here's what I eventually came up with.


With the first one, I decided to make a 6 x 6 Christmas card.  I used the Stampin' Up embossing folder, Petals a Plenty, red grosgrain ribbon and Stickles.  I think this came out so elegant.
The second one I added some ribbon and made it into a gift tag.
The last one I added to a 12 x 12 page layout.  I first made it into a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card and then mounted it on my layout.  So you can lift the card front and place a picture there too.  I used the Martha Stewart snowflake punch for the mats.
I embossed the card front with Tim Holtz's Sizzix embossing folder set which came with two folders, the Snow Flurries and the Snowman.
The "JOY" was cut twice at 4 inches with the Cricut Winter Woodland cartridge. 




Hope you enjoyed this project, now its time for me to go watch "Dancing With the Stars."

1 comments:

cricutmomof2 said...

How cute. I like what you did. I can't wait for Jennifers crop in December. I will get a chance to play with all my new carts. Have a great Thanksgiving

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...