CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 01, 2010

Christmas Gift Idea No. 2

I bought these mini-composition books some time ago so I'm not quite sure if I got them at the 99 Cent Store or the Dollar Tree Store, but I remember paying $1 for three of them.
I added some bling to this one.  I have a drawer full of rhinestones so I didn't spend more money to decorate this notebook.  Below are the instructions for making these cute little notebooks that measure 3" by 4 1/2".


I suggest you measure both the front and back of the composition book and cut two pieces of white card stock (CS).  I found that the front was a different size from the back.  I also rounded the top and bottom right-hand corners of the white CS.

Elements of Style (#120045, $19.95,6 set of 5)
This is the Stampin' Up stamp set I used to decorate the front cover and back of my mini-composition notebook, but you can use any stamp set that you already have.  You may not even want to stamp an image.  You can also use your favorite designer paper to decorate the notebook.


I stamped the verse on the bottom right had corner and then I placed a post note to cover it.

Next, I stamped the swirl image to cover all of the white CS on both the front cover and the back.
Before I adhered the stamped piece, I added sticky tape to the front and back.  Then glue the brown satin ribbon measuring 22 inches to the composition notebook.
Now add sticky tape to the back of each piece of stamped white CS and glue it on top, covering the ribbon.
On this one I stamped the Humming Bird image, cut it out and added mounting tape to give it some dimension.
I know this looks a bit blurry, but I added Crystal Effects to the bird to give it a glossy shine.  Believe me it looks better in person.

This would make a nice inexpensive gift that you can also personalize with the recipient's initial.  If you decide to make one of your own, please forward me a copy.  I would love to see your version of this project.  


Thanks again, for stopping by.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...