CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Christmas Gift Idea No. 9

Ho ho ho!
Isn't he just adorable.  When I saw this Santa box, I knew I had to make one. 
Scallop punch and Top Note die cut
I punched out five scallops for Santa's hat and three Top Note cuts, one Whisper white card stock (CS) for the beard and mustache, one Blush Blossom CS for the face and one Real Red CS for the back of the box.
Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl Embossing Folder
Emboss the Whisper White top note with the D'Vine Swirl embossing folder.
D'vine Swirl embossing folder
Also, emboss the five scallop circles on the Big Shot.
Sizzix Pennant XL die 
Cut out one of the pennants from the Pennant XL die.  There is a small one and a large one.  You can use either one.
Fancy Favor box XL die
Cut the Whisper White top note in half.  Glue one half to the Blush Blossom top note.  Then punch out a circle with the 1 1/4" punch for the mouth and glue it to the bottom half.  With the other half cut out a mustache and layer it over the mouth.

I used the Fancy Favor Box to adhere the Santa face to.  Punch the box on both sides with the rectangle punch and tie 18" of red grosgrain ribbon.

Signo gel pen
With the 1 1/4" circle punch I punched out two Whisper white circles for the eyes, one Blush Blossom cut in half for the eyebrows, two Pretty In Pink CS for the nose and mouth.  I used the 1/2" punch for the black eyes.  With the gel pen I colored his eyes. 
Side view
The Real Red top note gets glued to the back and the completed Santa face is glued to the front of the Fancy Favor box.  
Santa is coming to town ....
Now your Santa box is ready to be filled with some Christmas treats.  I love the way my Santa looks.   Hope you try your hand at making one.  Contact me if you need further explanation on how to make this project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...