CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

PINEAPPLE CHEESECAKE

Ingredients for my cheesecakes
Today's post is food-related.  I am having Thanksgiving at my house this year and in getting ready for tomorrow I made three pineapple cheesecakes. Here's my recipe for one cheesecake:
Pineapple Cheesecake

2 bars Philadelphia cream cheese
1 egg
3/4 cup of sugar
1 tbsp Vanilla
1 tbsp lime juice
small bag of chopped pecans
small can of Dole crushed pineapple drained
8 oz. sour cream
1 graham cracker pie crust

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl whip the cream cheese bars, egg, sugar, lime juice and vanilla.  Whip the ingredients for at least 4 minutes at medium speed.
Pie crust and sprinkled pecans

Sprinkle chopped or diced pecans into the pie crust.
  

Pour the cream cheese mix over the pecan layer.  Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.

In the meanwhile prepare the topping.  Mix 8 oz. of sour cream, 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of Vanilla.
Once your cheesecake has baked for 20 minutes, drain the juice from the crushed pineapple and layer over the cheesecake.  If you don't like pineapple, you can make variations to my recipe and add strawberries or any other fruit you like.



Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I am blessed with having my son Miguel and his family coming from San Diego; my sister Maria, who just got out of the hospital today, and her husband; my nephew Hector and his family, my daughter Terry who lives with me and her family--a total of 17 including myself.  And of course, if you have no where to go, please come over to my house for some turkey and a slice of cheesecake.  

God bless all of us and may we be grateful for all He gives us.  Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...