CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Christmas Gift Idea No. 5


Gift Card Holder
 Sometimes its easier to give someone a gift card instead of making or going out to buy a gift.  Here's a cute gift card holder that is easy to make.  Once you make the holder you can decide how to decorate it.  The instructions for the holder are as follows:


Cut a 12 x 12 piece of card stock (CS) by 3 3/4" x 12".  By doing this you will have enough to make three gifts cards out of one piece of 12 x 12.

Score the piece at 4 1/4", 6" and 7 3/4".

Crease the score lines on both sides of the CS and fold it in the middle so that it looks like the above picture which is going to be the inside of the gift card.
1 3/8" Circle Punch (#119860, $16.95)
Take the 1 3/8" Circle punch and punch half of the circle as shown above.

Place adhesive on the left side only where one half of the circle appears, then fold over the right side of the circle and glue together.

Once glued, take your scissors and cut the tops off on both sides of the circle where the gift card will be placed.  Your gift card holder is now ready to decorate any way you want.  Below I will show you what I did to decorate my gift holder.


I took a scrap piece of white CS and cut it to 2 1/2" x 3 1/2".  Then I also took a scrap piece of coordinating holiday designer paper and cut it to 1 1/2" x 3 1/2".

Jolly Old Saint Nick (#121321, $17.95)
.

I used the Jolly Old St. Nick stamp set to decorate my gift card holders.  I stamped the snowman image with Night of Navy ink pad and the snowflakes with Pacific Point ink pad.

You can use your favorite type of coloring element, either markers, watercolor pencils, or chalks to color the image.

To give my gift card a little bit of pizazz, I added liquid glue to the bottom of the image and poured some chunky glitter by Stampin' Up to make it sparkle.

I then glued the holiday designer paper to the left side of the front side and then overlapped the stamped white CS next to that piece.  Insert you gift card inside and you're done.

Here are the three gift cards I made with one piece of 12 x 12 CS and scraps of paper.  Hope you get a chance to make your own gift card holders to make your gift more personal and special.  Thanks for stopping by to play with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...