CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 03, 2011

Letters for Santa


(back view)

Good Monday morning and welcome to my blog!

I love the holiday season.  There are so many opportunities to work on Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas projects.  This is a Christmas mailbox for those special letters to Santa.  Can you guess what I recycled to make it?


I used my newly acquired Father Christmas collection pack by BoBunny.  This collection is packed with 18 sheets of beautiful Christmas paper and one sheet of coordinating cardstock stickers.  I used two sheets of DSP and several of the stickers.

I recycled  a cereal box to make my Santa mailbox.  I'm not going to give you the measurements because each box is a different size.  Just measure the front and sides of the box and cut the designer paper to fit each area. Only one piece of DSP was needed to cover the front and sides of the box.  The top and bottom edges were decorated with half a sheet of another piece of DSP.  Hunter green cardstock by Stampin' Up was used to cover the back and bottom of the box.  Red sticky tape was used to adhere all the paper.

(Front view)

This is the front of the completed mailbox.  To close the box I used some Velcro and I added some wire decorated with pretty Martha Stewart ribbons.  I was inspired to make this project by artist Tara Orr.  Go to http://bobunny.blogspot.com/search/label/Father%20Christmas to view Tara's mailbox.  She used an old metal mailbox and altered it.

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you found some inspiration and will use your creativity today.

Erlinda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...