CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 07, 2011

Holiday Decorations


It's Friday and a great day to craft!

I've been working on making a few Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations.  Although I like to shop, when I can, I try to save on spending on my projects.  Coupons, discounts and clearance are my favorite vocabulary words.  These three projects each cost under $5 to make.



I found the inspiration for this decorative plate at Michael's.  It will make a great Thanksgiving centerpiece.  This is what it cost to make:
Plastic plate -- $1.50
Sunflower --$1.00
Owl ribbon -- $1.00
Decorative leaves -- $1.00


This cute pumpkin was on sale for 50% off at Michael's and the black crow was found at the Dollar Tree.  I used daisy flowers and leaves left over from my Thanksgiving plate.  This project cost:
Pumpkin -- $3.50
Black Crow -- $1.00


I found this 7" x 7" wood frame at the Dollar Tree which I painted red.  The cute Christmas miniatures were bought at Michael's and the Christmas tree at Wal Mart.  Also used scraps from the Father Christmas designer collection by Bo Bunny. The cost for this project:
Wood frame -- $1.00
Miniatures -- $2.50
Christmas Tree -- .75 cents
Red paint -- .50 cents

These holiday projects were fun to make. Hope you found some inspiration.  Stay safe and have a great weekend.

Erlinda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...