CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 26, 2011

"FABULOUS"

Last week while I was in San Diego I bought a new Cricut cartridge and finally had time to play with it.  I think this cartridge is "fabulous" so that's what I named my layout.
The Elegant Edges cartridge by Provo Craft has numerous elegant images that will make it easier to scrapbook.  At least that's how I see it.  It is going to allow me to cut my own background frames at a fraction of the cost of buying these specialty papers at a scrap store.
I cut this background (Bird1-s, page 36) with the "fit to page" function key at 11 inches.
Then using designer paper from K and C Company (which I've had forever) I cut the background again at 10 1/2 inches.
These two cut outs were mounted on another DSP from the same stack of paper and now its time to decorate.  "Fabulous" was cut from the Forever Young cartridge at 1 1/2 inches and then I added diamond Stickles.  The bird cage is a Tim Holtz die which was embellished with lots of pearls.

Used the Flowers and Vine die by Sizzix and added floral and lace embellishments by Recollections.  The scattered pearls are also by Recollections.  Now my page layout is done.
I was so impressed with this cartridge that I cut several more backgrounds.  This one is the Scallops on page 48.  I think this is so pretty and elegant.

This one is the Flower3 on page 65.

I was on a roll, but I decided to stop with this Eyelet3 on page 68.

I know I will be putting this cartridge to good use.  I recommend this cartridge to anyone who loves to scrapbook with specialty cuts.

Well that's my post for today.  I've got to get back to cutting more of those "fabulous" elegant edges.  Thanks for stopping by and come back soon to share more creativity.

2 comments:

Emily said...

What a gorgeous lo! I don't have this cart, but it looks like it has many uses! So elegant :) Great job!

abby said...

It´s very pretty you loyout erlinda, I´m so happy whith you new cartridge for you, i wanna play.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...