CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 25, 2011

Travelers Mini Valise Album



Welcome back, hope everyone had a great weekend.

I saw this project on tv's Scrapbook Memories program and decided
 to try making it.
My instructions are slightly different than what you will find online because I didn't have the templates they refer to.  To start, cut two 3" x 5" light brown rectangles.  Cut two 3-1/2" x 5-1/2" dark brown rectangles.  Punch all corners of the dark brown CS with round corner punch and then insert the light tan CS into it. 
Cut a 12" x 5" dark brown rectangle.  Score at 3" and then continue to score at 3/4" intervals until you've scored it 9 times, leaving 3" at the end.  Accordion fold the score lines.  Center and then adhere the front and back covers to each of the 3" ends.  I used sticky tape to ensure a secure hold.

For the handles I used the small and medium oval punches.  I had loaned out my large oval, othewise that's what I would have used instead.  On the Scarpbook Memories tutorial they used a square handle.  You can decide which one you prefer.

For the inside of the album, cut 8 tan 2-1/2" x 3" rectangles.  Align the top edge with the edge of accordion fold, then using sticky tape adhere one page to the left side of each of the four folds at the top.  Adhere the remaining four pages to the right side of each fold aligning the edge at the bottom (opposite direction).


Trim your photos to fit the pages and decorate as desired.

For the front cover I cut "bon voyage" from the Beyond Birthdays cartridge, added Stickles and a metal tag.  Also used bronze brads and brown scallop ribbon.  To the inside of the album I used Panorama designer paper by Making Memories and K Company Tag Pad.

To get better step by step instructions go to:

Glad you joined me today, hope you come back soon.

Erlinda

1 comments:

sandeep sharma said...

I luv this!! And I am soooo super excited for this years new line to come out! Last year i looked everywhere for a scrapbook because I couldn’t find one, finally I got it keep posting…………
Tim Holtz

paper craft

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...