CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

GIFT BOX

Good Wednesday morning, we're over the hump and its going to be a long 4th of July weekend.  Where did June go?  It's half the year already, can't believe how quickly life is passing by. 

I needed a small gift box and this is what I came up with.
For the top of the box I cut Chocolate Chip card stock at 10" x 5 1/4", then scored it at 7/8" on all sides.  Cut on the long sides to the score line, then used the Doily scallop punch by Stampin' Up.  Fold on the score lines and adhere corners with sticky tape.
For the bottom of the box, cut kraft card stock at 9 1/2" x 4 3/4" and score at 3/4" on all sides.
 

On long sides cut at score marks, fold on the score lines and adhere corners with sticky tape.




 
To make the flower I used the Fun Flowers die exclusive to Stampin' Up and vanilla shimmer card stock. 

Then I embossed all the pieces of the flower with the impressions folder Vintage Wallpaper, also exclusive to Stampin' Up.
Shaded all the pieces with a sponge and Tim Holtz distess vintage ink.  With a pencil I curled the edges of the flower pieces.  Added mounting tape to form the flower.

Wrapped a 26" piece of cream color ribbon to the top of the box and mounted the flower with a glue dot.  To the center of the flower I added a pink ribbon rose I bought from Michael's dollar bin.

I tried five times to take a picture of the label, but finally gave up.  Believe me it looks pretty in person.  I stamped the shimmer paper with the Four Frames stamp set and then used the decorative label punch.  Added another pink ribbon rose and mounted it on the box.
I absolutely love the finished box and I hope to make a few more to keep handy for last minute gifts.  Hope you can use this tutorial and woud love to see what you make.  Contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks for visiting, Erlinda

1 comments:

Mimi's Kreations said...

Muy bonita la caja Erlinda y muy practica para ultimo momento!! gracias por las instrucciones.
cecy

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...