CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

FANCY POCKET CARD

Well hello everyone.  I didn't get much accomplished yesterday because I was feelin' out of sorts, but today is another day!  I wanted to create something pretty and with lots of frills--kind of how I wished I felt today.
Here's a tutorial on how to make this type of pocket card which is not hard at all.  You will need a card size
5-1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock (CS).  I used Stampin' Up's Perfect Plum CS and two pieces of designer paper (DSP) by K&C.   The DSP is cut at 2-3/4" x 5-1/2" for the front of the card and at 2-3/4" x 5-1/4" for the inside of the card.
Fold the CS in half to measure 4-1/4" by 5-1/2" and then score this piece at 2-3/4" on the front from the bottom edge.
Glue the smaller DSP piece to the inside of the card.  The other larger DSP piece is also glued to the inside upper part of the card.  Leaving a 1 1/2" gap at the top.
Fold the edges of the front of the card up forming a triangle and crease both sides thoroughly.  The DSP will now be showing on the front. 
Punch a hole on both sides of the DSP and thread some satin ribbon, approximately 12" long, and create a bow.  The card is now beginning to look really pretty.
You can now decorate the pocket of your card with all kinds of flowers.  For this card I used white flowers from the Pretties Kit by Stampin' Up and the Little Leaves sizzlits die.  Also added white pearls to all the flowers and bow.
Here's another pocket card I made using the Springtime Vintage DSP #121782 which is still available in the Occasions Mini catalog ending April 30, 2011.

I think it made me feel better creating this pretty card.  Hope you will try this tutorial and let me know what you've created to make your day better.  Let's get together again soon.

Oops, I almost forgot to show you the inside of the card.  I stamped Happy Easter, but you can make this type of card for any occasion.

Sending you embossed hugs, Erlinda

1 comments:

Anniebee said...

Hi, Erlinda! These cards are beautiful! I don't think I have ever seen this kind of fold before. It's very interesting visually. Thanks for your very kind comment on my blog today. I just noticed on your profile that you're a fellow Taurus! Yay!

Anniebee

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...