CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 08, 2013

Be My Valentine

 
Hi everyone!
 
Today I want to share a valentine 3-D project which I saw on Chiaki Haverstick's blog.  Here's a short tutorial on how I made mine just in case you want to make one yourself.
 
 
 
Using one sheet of red cardstock I cut two strips measuring 3-1/4" x 10" and 3-1/4" x 11.  Score and crease the short piece first @ 2", 4", 6" and 8".   Score the larger piece @ 2", 4", 6", 8" and 10".   Then glue the two pieces together at the 1" center. Cut the corners of each section at an angle to form the peaks.
 
 
Next, cut 10 pieces of designer paper @ 1-3/4" x 3".  Cut these at an angle to form the tops and glue them to each section.  I used the "Love You" paper pack by the Paper Studio which I bought at Hobby Lobby.
 
 
Punch or cut 10 hearts.  I used the pretty Martha Stewart heart punch.
 
 
Adhere the hearts to the center of each section.  I used mounting tape to give them more dimension.
 
 
 
I then punched a hole at the top of each section, added pretty ribbons and heart-shaped buttons.  "Be My Valentine" was cut with the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.  The large letters are 1-1/4" and the small letters are 3/4".  All the letters are coated with Burgundy Stickles.
 
Hope you enjoyed this project.  Have a safe and blessed weekend.
 
 
Erlinda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...